What's New: LRDP certified with modifications by the California Coastal Commission at the November 2014 Hearing.
UC Santa Barbara has renewed its Long Range Development Plan (LRDP), a plan that details how the campus will develop to the year 2025. The 2010 LRDP and accompanying Environmental Impact Report (EIR) were circulated in Spring 2008 and recirculated in 2009. The LRDP and Final EIR (FEIR) were aprroved by the UC Board of Regents in September 2010, and the LRDP was submitted to California Coastal Commission staff for review in May of 2011. Comments on the LRDP document were received from California Coastal Commission (CCC) staff and a revised document was submitted in October 2014. The CCC approved the LRDP with modifications at their November 2014 hearing, as mentioned on The Current (the official UCSB news site). The 20 modifications have been incorporated into the LRDP. The next steps for Campus Planning & Design will be to complete several management plans and studies, and provide annual reports to the CCC.
The management plans and studies include:
- Open Space Management Plan
- Coal Oil Point Management Plan
- Outdoor Lighting Plan
- Sea Level Rise Study
- Lot 38 Road Re-Route Plan
- Manure Management Plan for horse facilities on West Campus
The annual reports include:
- Coastal Access Parking - utilization
- General Parking - utilization
- Alternative Transportation - single occupancy vehicle trip survey and reduction measures
- Water Use - potable and reclaimed amounts, new project demand, supply projection, conservation efforts
- Academic Build Out - running total of GSF as part of each proposed project
- Housing Build Out - running total of GSF, beds/units, user types, and location of each proposed project
Downloads of the LRDP and the Coastal Commission Staff Report are available by clicking below. The FEIR and the previous submittals to the CCC can be dowloaded from Documents & Materials. The downloads are in PDF (Portable Document File) format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have it installed, you may download it for FREE.
- Revised LRDP as of February 2015 (32Mb)